Data Engineer/Architect, a+Lab
Do you want to be shaping the future of work, services and entire fields of business with AI? Forget about self-driving cars, personal robots and other trendy nonsense. To make a real difference, you have to go where the most boring, traditional and highly regulated tasks take place in the everyday lives of people and companies. If you dare to take that step, join Accountor in their a+Lab team! Their mission is to transform the financial management and HR industries into the age of AI!
Accountor is looking for a Data Engineer or Data Architect (depending on skill and experience level) with solid understanding of data processing methodologies, data storage options and data sanitation practices. You will be responsible for designing and building parts of ML and Analytics focused cloud infrastructure, as well as experimenting with new AI related business innovations as part of the a+Lab team.
You will work closely with other a+Lab team members, as well as various people in product development teams and the Leads of development organizations around Accountor Group. The ideal character for this role is open minded, curious and gets excited about experimenting with new approaches. It’s important to be a team player, but also able to take independent responsibility and ownership of getting things done. Good communication and people skills are needed in understanding the needs and problems of different stakeholders and find the right things to solve. Being enthusiastic about hands-on problem-solving and interested in continuous learning and keeping yourself up-to-date is also highly valued! In experimental innovation work, you must be able to handle a certain level of uncertainty, so you are preferably driven by constant change rather than stability. You will be taking part in cultural and organizational change, so you should have an open mind, even towards your own biases.
- Designing, building/enhancing and maintaining Azure public cloud based infrastructure used for research and experimentation by a+Lab Data Scientists
- Experimenting and implementing new pipelines, data processing methods and workflows for machine learning and analytics service innovations.
- Working closely with other a+Lab team members (including data scientists and service designers), as well as other key stakeholders in development organizations around Accountor group
- Developing secure approaches to handle sensitive data
- Solid understanding of data processing methodologies, data storage options and data sanitation practices
- Experience in designing and building Azure public cloud implementations (or similar applicable experience with knowledge of Azure requirements)
- Good understanding of cloud architecture and security practices
- Capable of working with Docker, Kubernetes and serverless architecture
- Active in finding and understanding the needs of a+Lab’s Data Scientists and other stakeholders
Other Valued Skills And Qualities
- Excellent people, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience of requirements engineering
- Experience of designing and implementing solutions through cross-functional cooperation
- Experience in building predictive models and cloud ML solutions for commercial purposes is beneficial
- Please note that due to current circumstances with COVID-19, relocation matters are very complicated. For this reason, we will only proceed with applicants located in Finland for the time being.
a+Lab is Accountor’s innovation unit focused on exploring, developing and testing AI, machine learning and analytics-based business innovations. Their aim is to rethink industry-standard processes and innovate for new customer and business value by utilizing the possibilities of data, analytics and artificial intelligence. They work across Accountor’s different business units in software product- as well as service businesses. The core of a+Lab is a team with combined expertise in Data Science, Engineering, Service Design and Innovation management. They believe in cross-functional teamwork, customer-centricity, experimentation and validation. Their multi-disciplinary approaches to data science allow them to iterate rapidly to deliver sophisticated machine learning-based services. At a+Lab, failing is as valuable as success in finding the next great things!
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply so we can get to know you better!
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as the right individual comes along. Be sure to apply sooner rather than later if you are interested!
Reach out to Mira Nuotio (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the role. Please do not send applications, CVs or any other personal documents via email.
Great Place to Work
Learning & personal development budget
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.