Senior Software Developer – WordDive
Are you experienced in software development and data science? Are you data-driven, analytical and interested in technology? Do you want to work with an award-winning language learning technology?
In February 2021 WordDive released a new application called Master English in the first two markets, Mexico and the United States. The start has been fast, with a target to build the world’s first completely digital program to teach fluent English skills. To continue developing the core learning algorithm, we are looking for a skilled business-minded Senior Software Developer to join the team.
In This Role You Will
- Further develop the patented language learning algorithm in a data driven user centric manner with a goal to optimize user engagement and learning results
- Analyze user behaviour and data to provide actionable insights that will be used to define the direction of future product development
- Work together with teachers to optimize for best possible learning results
- Support data analysis processes together with the development team to bridge the gap between data and critical product development decisions
- Work closely and collaborate with members of product teams, including product managers and developers
What Is Offered
- A meaningful job. With WordDive, you will develop a program that is targeting to change its users' life
- Multidisciplinary team that supports and encourages its members - you get a chance to work with highly-skilled experts in an international environment
- Open work atmosphere - at WordDive there is low bureaucracy and you will get to affect the matters concerning the work community
- Laid-back work culture, even though we work hard, we also know how to take it easy!
- Innovative work environment - WordDive is constantly evolving and wants to make sure that employees evolve with the company as well
- Career opportunities & remote work possibilities
- Option to work fully remotely or at the freshly renovated office in the beautiful factory area of Tampere
A Perfect Candidate Has
- Strong software development experience (at least 5 years)
- Strong knowledge of Python and Django
- Ability to write efficient and clear code
- Experience with performance optimization and scaling applications
- Quality over quantity & testing mindset
- Good skills with relational databases and SQL (Postgres)
- Version control (Git)
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field (e.g.: computer science, statistics, economics)
- A customer-oriented way of working
- Good oral and written skills in English
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, ability to present findings to non-technical audiences
- An ability and a willingness to learn new things and be a true team player
It Would Be Cool Is You Also Have
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- DevOps mindset and familiar with the toolset (e.g. GitLab)
- Experience with Golang
- Linux skills
- Experience in marketing analytics and data visualizations
- Experience in working with stakeholders from different business areas
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply so we can get to know you better!
This is a perfect time to join WordDive and be a part of an exciting growth journey!
Great place to work
Experienced and helpful colleagues
Be a part of a global product development
Professional development & learning
Remote work possibilities and flexibility
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.