Software Engineer, Backend
Kivra is known as Sweden’s leading digital mailbox provider with nearly 4 million users and 30 000 sending organizations, yet it is more than just a mailbox. They have started a digital revolution, creating a completely new way of thinking in information transfer and official communications. Kivra helps companies and governmental agencies to reach out to their clients faster and in a more sustainable way. It also helps citizens to handle their day-to-day communications in a more hassle-free way.
Kivra strive to create a service that makes millions of people’s lives easier and helps the environment as well. The goal is to reduce the environmental burden caused by paper mail to a third of the current situation and we compensate for our climate emissions by 110 percent. Kivra are building a sustainable digital infrastructure to benefit Finland.
The tech team at Kivra Finland works in close collaboration with Kivra Sweden, adapting the shared platform to fit Finnish market needs. We’re looking for a software engineer to help bring new features to the market and keep the service operational as well as to make sure that their customers and partners are well supported. The Kivra platform is built using Erlang and Riak and is highly scalable.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and maintain an Erlang codebase
- Respond to alerts and resolve incidents
- Deploy software and infrastructure on GCP using Ansible
- Collaborate with Kivra Sweden to discuss technical and architectural decisions
- Help customer support to solve issues faced by our end-users
- Communicate with customers and partners to help them take Kivra into use and give them technical guidance and support
- Work together with the whole Kivra Finland team to bring a reliable, secure and high-performing service to the market
To Succeed In This Role, You Should Have
- 5 years of experience in software development
- A background in functional programming languages with a genuine interest to learn Erlang
- Willingness to jump to operational tasks or incidents when needed
- Fluent English and Finnish
- Experience in deploying and operating software in a cloud computing environment, preferably GCP
- A good understanding of modern security practices
- Familiarity with Linux administration
If you have experience with functional programming and see yourself mastering Erlang, apply now!
If you have any questions regarding the role, get in touch me at james(at)agilesearch.io
Great place to work!
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.