Senior Software Developer – WordDive
In This Role You Will
- Further develop the patented language learning algorithm in a data driven user centric manner with a goal to optimize user engagement and learning results
- Analyze user behaviour and data to provide actionable insights that will be used to define the direction of future product development
- Work together with teachers to optimize for best possible learning results
- Support data analysis processes together with the development team to bridge the gap between data and critical product development decisions
- Work closely and collaborate with members of product teams, including product managers and developers
What Is Offered
- A meaningful job. With WordDive, you will develop a program that is targeting to change its users' life
- Multidisciplinary team that supports and encourages its members - you get a chance to work with highly-skilled experts in an international environment
- Open work atmosphere - at WordDive there is low bureaucracy and you will get to affect the matters concerning the work community
- Laid-back work culture, even though we work hard, we also know how to take it easy!
- Innovative work environment - WordDive is constantly evolving and wants to make sure that employees evolve with the company as well
- Career opportunities & remote work possibilities
- Option to work fully remotely or at the freshly renovated office in the beautiful factory area of Tampere
A Perfect Candidate Has
- Strong software development experience (at least 5 years)
- Strong knowledge of Python and Django
- Ability to write efficient and clear code
- Experience with performance optimization and scaling applications
- Quality over quantity & testing mindset
- Good skills with relational databases and SQL (Postgres)
- Version control (Git)
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field (e.g.: computer science, statistics, economics)
- A customer-oriented way of working
- Good oral and written skills in English
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, ability to present findings to non-technical audiences
- An ability and a willingness to learn new things and be a true team player
It Would Be Cool Is You Also Have
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- DevOps mindset and familiar with the toolset (e.g. GitLab)
- Experience with Golang
- Linux skills
- Experience in marketing analytics and data visualizations
- Experience in working with stakeholders from different business areas
Great place to work
WordDive is an artificial intelligence (AI) based unique online and mobile application for learning languages. Launched in 2010 and awarded as the best e-learning solution in Finland in 2011, WordDive combines the best of Finnish education know-how and game industry. In 2014, we released an iPhone application, which was immediately awarded as the best mobile service in Finland. In 2018, the technology publication Red Herring chose WordDive as one of its Top 100 global startup companies.
Over the past seven years, dozens of language learning professionals, engineers, user interface developers and psychologists have worked on developing WordDive. Thanks to the AI, the pace of learning and the exercising of study items can be optimised individually for each user. In addition, WordDive is based on the use of multiple senses, which is the most efficient way to learn a new language.
WordDive’s core team in Tampere consists of digital marketing, pedagogy and mobile-oriented product development professionals. In addition to that, we have a part-time network of 20 native speaker teachers and other language professionals producing quality study material in ten languages.
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.