Senior Data Analyst (UA)
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Analyst to work with our User Acquisition team in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland.
In this position, you will have a key role in driving our games’ growth through your recommendations to improve ROI. You’ll be the main owner for UA team’s analytics needs, from concepting how we should measure UA performance, to discovering opportunities through your objective analysis.
You’ll work very closely with BI, Finance, UA, Technology and game teams. As a person, you are a self-starter who doesn’t need day-to-day supervision, but can also give guidance to others as a trusted advisor. You are proactive and challenge conventions.
We’d love if you have some of these
Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Hive, Druid
Prior experience in working on marketing products with big UA budget
- Proposing methods to measure and forecast profitability of marketing activities
- Guiding the prioritization of BI team’s tasks regarding UA
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Creating dashboards, version-controlled tools and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Preparing data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Ensuring data quality and availability
- Analyzing campaign performance, discovering and communicating what works
- Spreading best practices to analytics and user acquisition teams
You Will Do Great In This Role If You Have
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable actions
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Experience in managing projects and prioritizing others’ work
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Data literacy and deep quantitative analysis skills
- Familiarity with marketing terms such as CPI, ROI, creative optimization
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
- Positive attitude and interest in interacting with others
We'd Love It If You Have Some Of These
- Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Hive, Druid
- Prior experience in working on marketing products with big UA budget
If you think you are a good fit, apply now.
Great Place to Work
Gym, Sauna, Gaming area
Rewards and recognition
Phone, laptop, tools etc.
Support for families and relocation assistance
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.