Site Reliability Engineer
At King, more than 100 billion events flow through our streaming infrastructure and platform every day. So, we need you to help to engineer and manage the Kafka environment, constituting the heart of the ecosystem.
We believe that you share our passion for learning new things, coding (primarily in Python), quality, automation, continuous improvements, and actively building and maintaining a great culture.
Your role within the Kingdom:
– To build effective, stable and reliable large scale infrastructure tools and services for our platform, games, and product teams
– To engineer and provide the shared infrastructure platform serving all of King’s games, as well as environments for developers and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport.
– Datacenter colocation management
– Production network engineering
– Linux platforms, on-prem and hybrid clouds
– Databases, event transport, and orchestration of java platforms
– Alerting, monitoring, and Incident resolution
We care deeply about our culture and believe in:
– Continuous improvement in all the processes
– An inclusive and diverse workplace
– Iteration of tech changes in small steps
– Infrastructure as code
– Maximizing automation and coding
– Spreading and sharing ideas openly
– Collaboration and peer reviews
– Being accountable and taking responsibility for our actions and results
– Blame-free and respectful problem-solving approach
– Asking for help
Skills To Create Thrills:
- Experience working with streaming data platforms
- Strong development skills in Python, and some knowledge of Java, Perl, SQL, or similar
- Experience automating and orchestrating distributed systems as well as creating internal tools such as service discovery integrations or metrics pipelines
- Interest or experience in database technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, HDFS / Hadoop, etc
- Monitoring systems like OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Graphite, etc
- Log management systems like Graylog, the ELK stack, etc
- Orchestration frameworks like Ansible, Salt, etc
- Familiarity with Linux performance tools
Are you feeling excited? Apply through the link below!
Why to be a part of Kingdom?
Development and growth opportunities on a big scale
Inclusive, collaborative and enjoyable work environment
Creative and dynamic team
Competitive benefits & compensation (including profit sharing plan)
Social events, activities and company trips
Health insurance & pension plans
Flexible office hours
Super cool and sweet office spaces
Now that you’ve read this far and know more about the company why not hit apply if you’re still interested.